Friday, July 15, 2011

MOVIE REVIEW: DIRTY SECRET

I was already asked not to put the trailer on the blog due to its Rated-R quality so don't expect one but here is my review for the infamous DIRTY SECRET.

I saw the trailer like 3-4months ago and I can honestly say that it was not one of those trailers that you can be proud of (my opinion) but my love for Nollywood movies got me and I had to see it.

*********If you are interested, please visit www.youtube/Nollywoodlove :-)************

HERE IT IS!!!!!!

So the trailer was WAY TOO MUCH. They did too much.....as in the scenes advertised did not complement the movie at all. Anyways, I took my time to watch the movie and it was not bad at all. The movie comes in 2 parts.
Part One was really not that bad at all except for all the useless old women they used in their nonsense sex scenes....*hissss*. You can actually see the movie going somewhere. The story: "A professional gigolo(Muna Obiekwe) began an affair with a girl(Tonto Dikeh) who is carnally involved with her father Chief Otumba(Ajibola Daba) a politician who marries a second wife to take advantage of her influence to boost his political carrer. With the introduction of the gigolo into the family every one wants to have a common share of him not excluding Chief Otumba himself " . Part one made sense and had a purpose but Nollywood is a growing industry so they have their shortcomings and I understand that but...... Part two was very stupid....like which family in Nigeria in their right mind sleeps around with the same guy. Like get a life...even the Western culture they are trying to copy is not that bad. The father,mother and daughter sleep around like dogs with the same guy (can you imagine). I know I sound harsh but its just to show the stupidity of the second part of the movie.

Yes, I get that the director of the movie has to prove its title but this was just too much. It was good to an extent and also very stupid at the same time. Some scenes cannot even be described because of its uselessness.

Without all the sex scenes and over bearing length that went nowhere, I feel the movie would have been AWESOME; it just needed a lil bit of tweaking every now and then.

I am not here to tell you to watch or not watch the movie but this is just my personal opinion and review for the movie. Do not use my own experience with the movie to hinder your choice.


Till next time, Don't Dull
Tola & Tope

No comments:

Post a Comment