Sunday, July 17, 2011

Japan Wins Against the US in the Women's World Cup



For some weird reason, I never watch Women's soccer which is bad because I am not supporting my gender but I have always thought they never played it quite as good as the men. Then I watched the last 20 minutes of the Japan-USA soccer and I am eating all my words. I experienced near heart attacks, I screamed, shouted, and hit almost everything near me; it was that interesting.

Brief Summary by a Novice: Both teams tied 1-1 by the end of the 90 minute. So they went into 30 minutes overtime, and USA scored again. But Japan came back with an equalizer. Next up, Penalty shootout! So, all this while, the USA women have been playing really strongly, with confidence and strength, then during the shootout, their game came down. Some say that Japan had the opportunity to see the USA in a penalty shootout against Brazil, so they could study their moves; an advantage USA did not have. Allz I know is that the Japanese keeper was on serious Fayah!

Japan won the penalty kick 3-1, so they won the game.

This is such beautiful news for the people of Japan, after such a tumultuous year, that they could rise above that and win the World Cup  is remarkable. Tbh, I was kinda supporting them  because they were like the underdogs. They were persistent, and they kept coming back every time USA was ahead. 

Both teams played extremely well. The fact that they both made it to the Finals is amazing and we hope to see more games like this.

Congrats to both teams!!!!!!

Till Next Time, Don't Dull!
Tola&Tope

No comments:

Post a Comment