Tuesday, July 26, 2011

LET'S GET PERSONAL: WHY WORRY!!!!

Dear WeTalkNaija Readers,

This has been something that has been controlling my life since I can remember and it has gotten to a point where I want that control back and it is the fact that I WORRY A LOT!!!!! I don't know why but I just do. Don't get me wrong, but I know its OK to get worried over some things in life for example as a student, you worry about your GPA, involvement on campus, and your future career plans but I feel as though my own is to the extreme. I worry so much that my chest hurts and feels like its about to burst and this has caused me to live in constant fear every where I go. I fear that I might end up a failure. I worry about any and everything you can think of (school, money, health, physical appreance, emotional attachments, pleasing everyone around me, being in the right relationship, spiritual life, making my parents proud.....and so much more. So I asked myself these questions WHY WORRY? What exactly do I gain from living in constant fear daily? Why can't I let tomorrow take care of itself? What problems of mine has worrying solved? What positive has holding on to baggages brought me????? and to be honest, I wish I had answers that way I can feel as though my life is heading somewhere instead of finding myself in the same position time after time. I worry so much that it has actually taken a huge toll on my health and yet, I'm not motivated enough to LET THINGS GO. Life is not easy but I think I have made mine harder than it should be. So therefore, I am asking YOU, the reader, how do you let things go. Please be honest because this is a serious issue that I am battling with.


Till Next Time, Don't Dull!
Tola&Tope

2 comments:

  1. We all worry about so many things: some genuine - only last week I was worried about my health, my relationships, my investments, my children, my spiritual life, a new car etc
    And some of our worries can be very silly as well - am I adding weight, a conversation that did not go well, a snob etc.
    It got so bad that I was not sleeping well until the Holy Spirit ministered into my heart that what good have I gain by being so worried? And the question: Do I want to do God's work for Him? Who owns everything including my life, children, husband and investment etc? Right there and then I realised my inadequacy, repented and asked for God's help. I told Him I release everything unto Him since they are His anyway. As flesh my mind sometimes wonder to those my worries but I have learnt to simply say "I release it/them unto You, God" and most times i immediately have peace. He has taken care of some of those issues already and I am confident that the rest are doable for Him. Please read the following bible passages and see if they help you understand my decision. Matthew 11:28-29, IITimothy 1:12, Romans 8:37-38 and Philippians 4:4-6

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your insightful advise. I really appreciate it and I will definitely be reading those bible verses you suggested. God bless you

    ReplyDelete