Saturday, July 16, 2011

Blast from the past: Oldies but Goodies

So, I was listening to Naija Hip-Pop one day and I was just going on till I hit these videos and I thought it would be nice to do a post on some of the songs that shaped and paved the way for what we have today.

First of is Oya, by the Trybesmen. This was when Eldee, Dr. Sid and Sasha were all looking like gbongafishes.
"Shake Baka, Scatter Nyash" is now stuck in my head.

Next up, I am sure you all know this. Without further ado, I present Mr. Lecturer by Eedris Abdulkareem.

Before, they were world touring and winning many awards, Peter and Paul Okoye had to deal with a cheating girlfriend in Omoge Mi.
Spent Holidays listening to this on Music Africa

"My heart go jigijigi bambam!" You guessed it, this one is from Tony Tetuila.


Now, you know this list won't be worth it until y'all "Raise the Roof" by Jazzman Olofin.


Way back, they used words like "Love Me Jeje, Love Me Tender" by Seyi Sodimu

That guy looked so much like a creepy pimp but I still love this song

Tear Jerker Alert! Modenine, probably one of the most critical rappers of our time came out with this song a few years ago.


This song came out when I was in JSS2. On the last day of classes, my school played this song continuously all day long on the loudspeaker. But i did not mind, i loved "Olufunmi" by Styl-Plus.


Saved the best for last, the song that made 2face an instant star after his Plantashun Boyz success.



There are so many more but I don't wanna make this post too long, maybe I will do another with different songs. Hope you enjoy them. 
Let us know what you think of the post by dropping a comment :).

Till Next Time, Don't Dull!

Tola&Tope

2 comments:

  1. wow all these old song from back when.... soon they will be really old

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr Lecturerrr! That's still my song! Daz very good, very smoot and very nice, lool

    ReplyDelete