Friday, October 8, 2010

Movies I Have Not Seen, But Desperately Seeking

Hmmmm, so I'm just gonna talk about movies I have not yet seen but I'm pretty sure they're good. Mind you, some of these movies might already be out in naij or sth, while some are still not released. If anybody has any tips on how to get them, legally will be nice, you know me now, Law Abiding Citizen, like Gerard Butler, told you I'm razz.

Sha, let's get this going

TANGO WITH ME.


So, the movie starrs Genevieve Nnaji, Benjamin Joseph, a hottie in his own right, Joke Silva. Probably more importantly it is being directed by Mahmood Ali-Balogun, a man who believes in working very hard to achieve near perfection. Shot on celluloid, and cost of production running up to N50 million, the film promises to be one of a kind, Mahmood even hired a group of American film crew.

The story is about a newly wed couple, whose happiest night takes a horrible turn for the worse. The story is test of love and faith and it appears to address the issue of rape also.

The trailer came out this week and I love it! Pretty sure you'll love it too
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAohvqeHsSQ
The movie's website is www.tangowithmefilm.com


RELENTLESS...OMGEE!!!


When I saw the trailer for this movie, I remember thinking the picture quality and imagery seems good and the soundtrack just give you goosebumps....but WHAT IS THE STORY???????
Then I read the treatment and I almost, almost oh (can't be smearing my makeup with tears). The film starrs, Gideon Okeke, my guy from BBN, Tinsel, Nneka Egbuna, like the musician that appeared on David Letterman, and Jimmy Jean Louis, Heroes, Phat Girlz.

The story is about the effects of war on our psyche. According to the synopsis, "A haunting story about loneliness, love and self-discovery that explores Africai's throbbing megacity Lagos, and the effects of war and loss."
Obi, Gideon, is a peace keeping officer in Sierra Leone, along with his friend Ola. He meets Blesing and falls in love, but he is devastated when Blessing is mutilated by child soldiers and he pumps her with bullets to end her pain.
He goes back to Nigeria and sets up a security company with Ola, but he is haunted by his past. He saves Honey, Nneka, one night and she enters his life.
I would not want to bore you with the details but if you want the complete treatment, go to website,
www.clamfilms.com
In the teaser, Gideon's brooding face really is a testament of how good an actor he is. If you watch Tinsel, you have an idea about what I'm talking about.
You can also check out the video at http://vimeo.com/4471734

Again, I emailed the director and he said the film might be showing at the London Film Festival, and I said to myself, if it means robbing a bank to go to London, I would do it, lol. But seriously though.


THE MIRROR BOY


I know it might seem like I'm very partial to Genevieve's movies but I've gotta praise that girl for for her choice of movies to act in, they are always On Point. This movie is no less. It is set in both London and Gambia, starring Genny, Edward Kagutuzi, newcomer and protagonist, Osita Iheme, was quite surprised as this movie isn't comedy, Fatima Jabbe, and Felix Cisse. It is directed by Obi Emelonye
The story is about TJ, a young boy in London who stands up to a bully. When his single mother hears if his fighting, she decides to take him to Gambia, where he would stay with her sister for a while.

On his arrival to Banjul, he encounters what he considers to be a simple apparition, a boy at him in the mirror and vanishing afterwards. The next day, in the marketplace, he sees hte same boy which leads to a series of events that eventually gets him lost

While his mother is searching desperately for him, TJ is led on an amazing journey of self discovery.

The movie is coming soon, think it'll be premiered in London. For people that want to see the website
www.themirrorboy-movie.com
The trailer can be seen on http://vimeo.com/13567921



So that's it for now, super sleepy and tons o homeowrk to get done but I'll remember a couple and let y'all.

P.S, I'm sleepy oh, so try to ignore all the shells, I  know there must be a lot.

Thanks and God bless!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey.
    When you finally find viewing details (free) of 'Tango with me' pls hola. Silent Scandals as well. Please.
    Cheers.

    www.thisisthediaryofanotmadblackwoman.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nahhh, I'm too sure that's gonna be a while. It's gonna be premiering i the US, Europe and Lagos, so I'm pretty sure you should have an opportunity to see it :)
    Ofcourse we all agree free would be better

    ReplyDelete